This past girls night out we went out to eat, as usual, but didn't get dessert. Afterwards we went to the mall for a little power shopping and I spotted a Mrs. Fields kiosk. They had signs up for a new lemon cream cookie that looked divine. I thought I'd be nice and pick up a few for the girls and I to munch on the way to Target. I get up to the counter and the girl that was working there says, rather frantically, "I'll give you everything left in the case for $10!" I'm thinking-- SCORE! "Yeah, I'll take 'um!" I got away with a few dozen cookies including a half dozen of the lemon ones I wanted. I'm totally gloating over my fabulous deal and rival in my new glory all evening long. I scored the deal of the night! (Mom, Jodi, and I were super happy all the way home) The next morning I'm telling the kids at the breakfast table about my super deal and they aren't all that impressed. Breckyn says to me, "Mom don't you think that you should give those cookies to the poor people?" I'm at a loss for words here... I'm thinking-- "NO-- I bargained those cookies fair and square!!!" She chastised me further by giving me a lecture about how we have plenty and the "poor people" could really use something great like cookies to cheer them up. Where does she come up with this stuff?!?! I talked her off her soap box by promising to give most of them to the missionaries who were coming over for lunch that day. (apparently we convinced her that they are poor enough to qualify for the cookies) She settled for it and bartered one into her lunch box and left for school. Nothing like a good old helping of guilt before 8am...
14 years ago


4 comments:
That is SO funny! Maybe you gave her one to many "talks" about sharing! It's a bugger when they come back to bite you! I wish I was there to bask in your deal of the night (I also would have helped you get rid of the evidence before Breckyn could have confronted you!) Love ya!
Word travels fast. I had already heard about your amazing bargain experience with Mrs. Fields. Everyone is talking about it. However, Breckyn's response to the whole thing is really funny. Maybe you should tell her that I am poor and you can send some of those cookies my way. Wow, that's a fabulous idea, if I must say so myself.
I think that the missionaries enjoyed a few of them. How nice of you to share with them. I hope you kept most for your self. You know most missionaries are poor.
What a kind hearted little girl your have raised. I am proud of her.
Post a Comment