If you are a Magill this might look a little familiar... to explain... Today was the first day of summer vacation. It started out a little rocky. The kids were fighting like animals... "she said..." "I'm older I know more..." "I'm going to tell on you..." "everyone is giving me a headache.." (that one is Breckyn's favorite to use). It wasn't pretty. So, being the savvy Mom that I am, I pulled out a trick that my father use to do to us. When we couldn't get along, he would tie us together. This morning Zoey and Breckyn were the decided "test monkeys." You know what-- it actually worked. They cleaned up the craft room and ate breakfast together and by the end they were best pals working together like the team I'm always trying to talk them into being. OK.... so only about 80 more days to go.... maybe I'll be needing some more string.....
14 years ago


5 comments:
What a walk down memory lane! That's really funny! I'm glad it was effective. If it wasn't you'd probably have to wait till it was late at night and have them run laps around the house.
You bought bricks last year but put them to use and the kids never had to move them...all part of memory lane and the great times we had on Greenfield street and Dad's office. Time goes to fast and there is hope. I ended up with 4 fantastic caring and hardworking girls!
Love,
Mom
Thanks mom I do think we turned out alright! I laughed SO hard when I saw this post....I can still remember sitting on the bottom step in the basement tied to Cheri and being SO mad! Ahhh the good old days. I'm with Cheri next time make them to laps!
I also likes Brecky's face like...what the?!?! and there's ZZ smiling happy as can be!
Good idea, Wish I would have thought of that years ago. I use to pay Tim not to tease Catherine. String would have been cheaper. mom
Post a Comment