Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day Dad...

I was looking through some of my old pictures and remembering my Dad. He is the man I measure every other man up to. He has been supportive of me through out my life. He is an amazing man kind, gentle, funny, fearless, and to be quite honest, a little gassy too... I love you Dad! he has always had a great sense of humor...
...what can I say-- we love cake!
Here he is-- old school. I was convinced he actually was Superman for most of my childhood.
... here are his Clark Kent glasses to prove it...
My Dad has been one of my biggest cheerleaders-- never pushing, but always encouraging me to believe in myself. It's been many years since I have lived at home but, every time I see my Dad it's like coming home again and I'm that little girl so happy to see him. He symbolizes safety, security, love, and sacrifice to me. I am so very thankful to have had the privilege of having him as my father. I love you Dad!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I couldn't agree more Lec! We are SO blessed to have him in our lives! Love the pics (especially the cake one...is that lakeland I smell on you?!?!)

iammommahearmeroar said...

Sweet post, Lec. We are very, very blessed. He's the best....even with his gas:)

Anonymous said...

Ditto!! What a sweet tribute to your wonderful dad! What is great is that all the guys in our life know that Breck is the measuring stick. We are all blessed and better people because of him. Really sweet Lec. I loved all the pictures. Thanks for being a great blogger!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post. Thanks! So glad he is our grandsons grandpa too! Your parents have been amazing to our son and we appreciate it more than you will ever know!