Sunday, May 04, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

I've been listening to the song from The Sound of Music (you know the one about her favorite things) with the kids. I've been thinking, who really likes schnitzel with noodles anyway? I thought about the things I would have written into the song and these are a few that I came up with...
...my ipod (duh, why didn't they put that one in?)
Lost. I get so frustrated watching it and not getting any answers but I can't stop watching it because one of these times they might start answering all of my questions. It's like seeing a goth teen at the mall--- you want to stop staring but you are so weirded out that you just can't stop gawking. That's how I feel about Lost, my sweet sweet addiction....
cup cakes... and this didn't make it in the song cause why? Every girl needs these to survive!
Flowers-- my one true love.
I don't think I even need to make a case for this precious gem.
This is the pool I think we should put in our back yard. Don't worry-- it will never happen for many various reasons-- but a girl can dream can't she? (oh, and a slide on it too)
....as previously stated-- my secret addiction. I'm shameless in my timeless love for the super heroes. I found the perfect man to compliment my oddities because he loves them too. We can be weirdos together. Isn't love grand?

Well, I'm sure my song would be way better than that old pony lovin' one. Just a random thought from the brain of Leca. Although I'm pretty sure I made a good case... it makes sense. (to me at least)
**Cheri, feel free to rewrite the song per my suggestions. I think it would be an instant hit!

8 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

You are so stinkin' hilarious, Lec. I love you! I also love all the things you mentioned. You're totally right - your song would be way better.

I especially like the Lost analogy. I get so ticked off each week, but I just can't stop watching.

Cassie said...

I have to agree. I too love all of those things...although now I REALLY want a big cupcake!!! Thanks!

The Snow Queen said...

I think that you are soo correct. Raindrops on roses are soo over-rated. Whiskers on kittens?! come on! Bring on the mint n' chip icecream or a big fat coke with little ice. You know the kind...right! They have it at the hospital where I have my babies, it's the only thing I look forward too when I go into labor! Ahhh I'm in heaven.

Anonymous said...

Cheri-- please rewrite this song!!! I'm digg'in it already. =)

Margene said...

I think you could put in Chocalate and ice cream someplace. Even the USA is also one of my favorite places. the smell of rain and fresh cut lawn or fresh bread baking. My list could go on and on.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on Lost! Come on with it already! That's the way I feel.
Cupcakes are my favorite too!

Malinda

Beth said...

... Cupcakes with icing, and Oreos with milk... I dig the song already. And, personally, I think if Froiline Maria would just be honest with herself, her list would be a lot like yours. I mean, c'mon, snowflakes that stay on our nose and eyelashes? That's the BEST you got? OREOS! I WANT OREOS!!!!!!

Kassy said...

I'm so glad to hear of your LOST addiction, because I"M WITH YA, SISTER! Ted and Will strongly disapprove of the show, but I can't stop. So, when I forget some details, as I do every week (the latest--were Jack and Claire siblings, but they don't know it?), I know who to call!