I'm sure you are wondering how... what... why... is that Tim... Yes-- this is my husband Tim, jumping from the ladder into our second story window. REWIND... This morning Breckyn and Rugby were playing chase the kid (yes, the game is self explanatory). Breckyn was "it" and ran into her room slamming the door behind her. They jimmied with the door knob on either side-- Rugs trying to get in and Brecky trying to keep him out. Well, something went terribly wrong somewhere in there. Rugby comes taring into my bathroom, where I am getting ready for the day, and says, "Well, I guess Breckyn is going to be stuck in her room forever." ..and then runs away. He peaked my interest, so I went to check on her-- yep she is stuck. Keep in mind it's morning time-- minutes before we need to leave for school... My mind is racing and after a few minutes of trying to open the door I say, "Tim-- how much does a new door cost?" (too much) Plan B-- Tim and a ladder. He had her try to open her window-- (good news is she will never successfully sneak out her window as a teenager unless her window opening skills seriously increase) Tim finally got it opened and had Breckyn climb out the window over his shoulder and brought her down.... (I wouldn't recommend anyone actually trying that maneuver) We got her to school just in the nick of time-- but Tim had to go back up the ladder through the window and take the door knob off to get the door open. Apparently the kids broke something loose in the handle that was preventing it from opening. Ahhhh-- the joys of parenting.... it's so good you can't make this stuff up...
14 years ago


5 comments:
That might be your best blog yet. How hysterical! Maybe Tim could be a volunteer fireman on the side. I didn't even know he had those skills.
HYSTERICAL!!! I have to admit the picture adds even more to that story then just hearing it in person! Gotta love Timmy and his "plans" good thing he jumped high enough! Miss you too!
That is soooo funny. Thanks for the laugh - I needed it!
What a great adventure! Nice rescue Tim!
What a great adventure! Nice rescue Tim!
Post a Comment