Monday, May 07, 2007

S'mores

I just love having the Barlows close... Jodi and I picked up the kids from school and brought them home to my house for a quick s'mores break. We made fire and let the kids go at it. They had a blast and so did I.... it's so nice to have family close by...

The girlies-- keeping a very very safe distance from the fire
(one too many burnt marshmallows I guess)

Dad and Brecky enjoying an afternoon fire...
Brecky with her latest burnt mallows

(I spent a good portion of time picking off the burnt parts-- yeah, everyone burnt a lot)

Caleb enjoying every last morsel (at the same time)
Brecky and another burnt mallow

(she takes her safety very seriously-- we do advise a hard hat for any marshmallow roast)

3 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Yum! I must say though, that you've never had a roasted marshmallow until Uncle Jeff has made you one. He's got skills.

What a fun afternoon idea. How 'bout you do that again in a week and a half when I'm there? Yum!

Anonymous said...

Yum, look at those faces and you know they tasted good. Wish I was there. Grandma G

Cassie said...

Ok so she's got a hard hat on but where are her safety goggles? There could be an ember that flies out of the fire and burns her eye! Your post is making me want lots of chocolate and marshmellows! I think it's a brilliant idea!