Tuesday, May 15, 2007

my front room master piece...

I know you are thinking-- "how many rooms can she re-do?" But, in my defense, it's better than other evil hobbies... so I feel justified. I had a blast recreating my front area. The kitchen and living room are an open space concept-- so it's all connected. I went from green to turquoise... and from red to brown. Not a huge change I know-- but still fun to do none the less.

Beforeafter
beforeafter
(the brown looks a little brighter in this picture-- it is darker in person)
before
(the kids had worn off so much of the stain that the table looked pretty trashed)
after... my mom and Jodi suggested that I just paint it-- so I did. Thanks to Mom, Jo, Cass, Dad, Tim and I it only took about 5 days. We had to sand, paint twice, stain (a brown poly glaze), buff, shabby sheik, glaze the table top, poly the chairs and buff. It was a really lot of work and I'm not sure I would have done it if I would have known how tedious it was going to be-- but it looks like it's straight out of Pottery Barn. You can see the brown glaze better in person (so you'll all have to visit). I love it and it adds a lot of new personality to a stuffy front area. It only cost me about $60 to redo-- cool huh! (lots cheaper than a new one) (Tim liked that) After these last few rooms I'm told I need to settle for a little while... but just between you and me-- I've got my eye on our bedroom... Tim says I can think about it for an anniversary present (august). We'll see...



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hired! Come west girl! It all looks fabulous and I love the before and after pictures! I love all your pictures. I get to see your kids grow up and Jodi's now. It is almost like I lived there! You need to come give me some great ideas. Love ya!

Cassie said...

Way to go Lec it looks really good! I think I heard that you needed a pro painter to come help with your bedroom...hmmm... I just happen to be available any time! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

vvvvv

iammommahearmeroar said...

Nice work! I love it! Can't wait to see it in person....TODAY!!! I wish I could have been part of the process.

Beth said...

Aleca - I love your house!! LOVE IT ALL. I do NOT have an eye for color and decoration so I am WAY impressed with anyone that can do that sort of thing. You did awesome.

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! Sounds like you really worked hard. I loved your colors before, but this is so light and bright. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I like the lighter colors better. A change is like a new house.