Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This year was our first Christmas alone as a family. We've opened presents alone before but we've never had the entire day open to play with everything. It was fun. The kids were so excited and exhausted from staying up to see if Santa was really real.

We had lots of hand-made gifts this year. This is one of Rugby's famous stories.
"One day there were two enemies and they fighted." He is going to be an amazing writer some day.
I found a really cool astronaut suit on clearance from Halloween so I bought it for Rugs to dress up with. When he opened it his first question was, "Where is the helmet?" Well, um.... it didn't come with a helmet and I didn't think of that. So he ran to the craft closet and started cutting. Seriously, all present opening stopped until this travesty was corrected. So staples, tape and a few sheets of paper later, this is what he came up with. Now my astronaut has a helmet-- I will sleep better tonight for sure.
This is the finished product. Very cute.
So much scarier armed with a few Nerf guns.
This is Em with his new rapid fire Nerf gun. This is serious stuff people...
Breckyn had "the best Christmas EVER!" She claimed to have gotten everything she wanted.
Zoey really wanted some matching slippers with me. These fuzzy pink numbers are pretty comfy and so stylish.
Even Rusty made a haul. He got this stuffed bunny and a plastic donut. He was a happy puppy.
Rugs made Tim this calendar and drew a picture for each month. It is so cute. He basically drew what he wanted to do with Tim for every month. (It's going to be a busy year according to Rugs.)
Em got a muscle man costume. I love love love when kids dress-up.
Don't mess with these muscles!
B and Z got these Barbie things that you can change out their hair. It was a real hit!
Zoey wanted DDR like nobodies business. It will make for entertaining posts later.
The kids were trying to find a way to know if Santa was real. Zoey decided the best way to do this was with weird requests and a signature. It totally worked.
Rugs loved this new Nerf gun. The look on his face is, "my parents are idiots-- they don't even know the trouble I'm going to cause with this thing!" He has a little Timmy spice in him that makes him think of too many schemes. It's entertaining to say the least.
He loved LOVED his new Nerf gun.
Z left this with the cookies and milk. I love it!
Merry Christmas to all! We hope you had as much fun and excitement as we did.

5 comments:

Margene said...

fI love the letter to Santa. You know he is real if you believe.As long as you believe he will come. I think Santa is a hero of many little kids this year. I love the costumes. Rusty did make a haul too. Jake has been wearing his sweater too.

Breck said...

Looks like loads of fun and a lot of curiosity going on around there. You are totally right about the look on Rugby's face when he is opening the gun. I can only imagine what will go on with him in the next few years. I am glad that you had a great Christmas.
Love,
MOM

Cassie said...

ZZ's note is adorable! Thanks for the post I missed the big Christmas morning chaos. The kids couldn't look any cuter or happier. THe calander for Timmmy is priceless. What a sweetie

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. Is the donut from Lakeland bakery? It still looks fresh :)

jae

iammommahearmeroar said...

Your kids have the best personalities and senses of humor! Love the notes and the Rugby story. So fun! I miss you guys!