Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been swamped with the kids and their business the last little while. Although I have found a little time to do some crafting (but it's never enough). I'll show you just a few of the things I've done in the last day or two.
I started an idea board for my craft room. Cheri has shown me all these great craft blogs. When I love an idea, I just print it up and wait for time to do it. I think my board will be expanding to the other walls soon.
I made this guy just fooling around with some felt. I really love snowmen and I thought, "They're simple enough. I should be able to sew one." So I took some felt and cut out the general shapes. I had sewed on the face and then sewed the head together. I left a place at the top to stuff him and then when he was ready I sewed it off with a ribbon on top. I think I'm going to embellish him a little bit. I found some cool fuzzy balls at the craft store and I might give him some ear muffs. It's just a starter idea than can easily be added on to.
This is my latest creation. I'm into making headbands lately. You know, with the short hair and all, my options are limited. I got this folding idea from a blog that used it to make a wreath. I think it can be applied to shirts, hair pieces and more.

You start by cutting out a circle (I used felt).

Then you fold it in half.

Then fold it in half again.
I makes for a funky shape. When you add a few of them together you get a really cool looking piece. You can make them into flowers. It just adds texture to lots of things. I'm going to make a Christmas tree out of them next. Who knows!?! The possibilities are endless.... and that's what I love about craftin'.


6 comments:
Can I PLEASE come over and craft with you for the afternoon? You picked out some of the same ones I've been eyeing for your inspiration wall. Nice! Love the little snowman and especially the headband. Nice work! I miss you!
I wish I had the space to lay out all my crafts and do them. I LOVE the headband.
Love, love, love the headband. and the idea board and the snowman!
Please share the craft links!
I like your wall of craft. The snowman is really cute. I could help you with a little more anatomically correct teeth though. I don't know why but the snowman reminded me of a slugger shirt on one of my little girls.
Love ya....slugger
Keep up the good
Dad
I love the way your wall turned out. Neat. The snowman is reall cute I still haven't made my monster babies. After Christmas.
I love the little girl shoes on the craft idea board. I have a folder of stuff on my computer that I would like to do. If you do those be sure to tell me how they went... easy (can do in an afternoon) or hard.
I also love the snowmen maybe we will spend an afternoon of our break making some for our tree. Since we are the Snow(men) after all! We miss you. I wish we could come out there!
Post a Comment