Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Please!

Today we have arranged to have a babysitter come and watch the kids all day long! Tim and I are going to have a day all to ourselves!!! I'm so excited about this-- giddy even. So this morning I'm getting dressed and trying to look my best. (You know, like in the "olden days," when we were dating.) I think I look pretty good. I add the finishing touches, a little perfume and some light lip gloss.... then Rugby comes in and I say, "What do you think?" He tells me in all seriousness, "Mom, I think you need a little eyeliner and maybe some lipstick. How about some jewelry?" He proceeds to pull out the colors and styles and tells me what to do. He is 5-- and he already notices all these little things. He did a pretty good job picking what would look good. I can't believe it's come to this. I'm officially out of it when my 5 year old does a better job at dressing me than me. Geesh!

5 comments:

Margene said...

You would be suprized what they notice. Good for Rugs. I can't wait to come and see the kids again.

iammommahearmeroar said...

The kid's got style and no shortage of personality. I love it! What did you guys do on your day-long date? I hope it was fabulous!

The Snow Queen said...

At least he still thought there was some hope. My kids have given up on mom looking pretty. I got dressed to go to work the other day and Phoenix said I looked wierd.

Kassy said...

How great to have your own little fashion consultant!

Cassie said...

That little man knows what he's doing! My red head just tells me if I look weird he never offers any helpful advice! Hope you had an AWESOME date!