Sunday, January 13, 2008

My first jelly roll...

I made my first jelly roll and it's not hard at all!!!! I'm loving it. It looks so complicated so I'm putting together a list of people I want to impress and making "this little thing" for all of them!!! Look out people-- I'm on fire! I'm a baking master! (ok, maybe not... but look how pretty it is!!)

CAKE
1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (would add extra Cinnamon instead of cloves next time)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

FILLING
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)

Directions:FOR CAKE:PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts (if desired).

BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.

FOR FILLING:BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Roll up cake unpealing wax paper as you go. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm..mmmmmmmmmmm. Gooooooood!

Jeff
ps. I want one!

Anonymous said...

I love making jelly rolls too. They look harder than they really are. Next time we are in Wisconsin make us one. Okay

iammommahearmeroar said...

Nice work, Lec. Too bad you can't send that in an e-mail! Can I order a choclate one - like a hoho? Yum!

Karen said...

Leca, that looks tasty! I need to think of some excuse to make one of those...

Beth said...

I'll send my address right away... could you swing one by? C'mon Leca!!

I just wanted to tell you that I KNEW I liked you.. I saw on Cheri's blog that you had gotten a shirt for Rex that said "I still live with my parents".. I got the same shirt for Cam for his b-day!!! (Don't tell him!!!) ha ha. It made me laugh. I'm thinkin' we might have similar humor... ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks really good. I wonder what it tastes like... drol, drool, (evil laugh)

Christina said...

That looks so good.I'm going to have to try making this.