Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Here is a quick glimps at life in the Taylor house this week.
This is for Cassie. The lilac tree that you gave me is in bloom. It's beautiful. I think of you, your crazy wedding and our shared love for this flower every time I see it. It's the gift that just keeps on giving every year. Thanks Cass.
This is Rusty or as Jodi likes to call him, our little kitty. He likes to perch himself on our couch to see all the comings and goings of the house. He likes it so much, he has even started to take naps up there.
Oh, and what would a birthday be without a cake from Lakeland Bakery? Chloe helped me pick out this beauty. The guy at the bakery asked my what I wanted written on the cake. I said, "Just happy birthday...." He said, "no name?" I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was buying it for myself. I didn't want to appear desperate and pathetic. I think that there are very few people in this world that are as passionate about cake as I am. So of course I had to make sure I had just the right one to celebrate with and it was soooooo good.
Here are my two cheese balls. They give the goofiest grins when I get out the camera. It makes me giggle.
I like them in fancy boy clothes. The suspenders are one of my favorites even though they like to use them to hike their pants up to China. But, at least they are wearing them, right?

12 comments:

Renee said...

Hey... does they guy at the bakery know you by name? Otherwise, you could just have said Aleca.. and he wouldn't have had to know YOU were Aleca! :) It is beautiful cake! I hope it was a good day!

iammommahearmeroar said...

YUM! That cake is a beauty. I can almost taste it now. Your boys always look adorable all dressed up. I love the second picture of them. They look like great buds.

Margene said...

The cake is beautiful, you and Chole did a great job picking it out. I love your teeth no gold ones, thanks to your dad

Cassie said...

I WANT that cake! It looks super good with all that frosting. The lilac bush is looking beautiful as usual. I always think of you when they are in bloom for your birthday! Miss you!

Cassie said...

P.S. Your squirrely boys look adorable...a little wrinkled (as mom would say) but so cute! Gotta love Sundays!

Alice said...

Was that cake fresh? You know that that is when they are the best! If I was there I would have gotten one for you. Hope you had a wonderful day after all the "incidents"!

Jodi said...

You beat me to the cake, Lec! I had a plan, but you & Chloe got to the bakery quicker. I'll have to be faster next year.

Kassy said...

Happy Birthday, Lec!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I remember Lakeland Bakery cake! I hope your b-day was great! It sounds like your week got even better with a get-a-way! Can't wait to see it! We graduated a senior and an 8th grader this week. Sure love ya!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I remember Lakeland Bakery cake! I hope your b-day was great! It sounds like your week got even better with a get-a-way! Can't wait to see it! We graduated a senior and an 8th grader this week. Sure love ya!

Patti said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looked yummy!! I don't remember a lot about WI, but I DO remember that bakery, and oh yeah... lots of snow and ice. It was the BEST!

*Abby* said...

oooh! Do they make suspenders for 1 year old??? Where can i find me some!