Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer fun pies...

My mom has a legendary apple pie recipe that everyone always goes nuts over. I thought I'd give it the old Leca twist and try it a new way. Instead of making the recipe with apples I tried peaches and strawberries. (separate of course) It makes for a fun twist on an old favorite. They smell heavenly and I'm ever so proud of my new found fun.

Mom's recipe goes like this...

Mom's Dutch Apple Pie

Mix...
6-8 apples pealed, cored and sliced (the thinner the better)
2/3 C. Sugar
2 Tbs. Flour
3/4 tsp. cinnamon

Place apple mixture into uncooked pie crust.

Topping...
3/4 C. flour
1/3 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter

Place mixture over the top of apples and bake @ 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.





My twist was using different fruit and leaving out the cinnamon. It is a fun way to include a little fresh summer fruit into your baking. Next time I'm going to try raspberries. It's almost picking season in our yard! Enjoy!

5 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

YUM!!! I bet the peach one was amazing. I wish you could e-mail me a slice. I can almost smell it through the screen.

Cassie said...

YUMMY!!! I am willing to try every flavor you've got to offer in a couple of weeks!!! That was a great idea! Now it's not just in the fall for apple season.

Beth said...

YEA!!! I love it when people post new recipes to try.. Thanks for sharin' the love :)

moranews said...

Wow, Leca. That looks sooo good. How do you find time to bake pies with 4 kids? You are amazing! :)

The Snow Queen said...

My favorite pie (at Marie Calanders) is the Razzleberry. It makes my mouth water to think of all the berries in your yard.