The girlies signed up for a dancing as one of their summer school classes and they have been coming home with some sweet moves. This week the teacher gave them a copy of the dance music so they could practice at home. They have been carrying around my old CD player and jammin' out every chance they get. One of the songs is "Vanilla Ice." They were so excited to show me this awesome new song and they wanted to know if I had ever heard it before. Have I ever heard it before? Are you kidding me? I only had the tape ("Mom, what's a tape...." another topic for another time....) and listened to it until it wore out! I only danced to that song one million gazillion times in the mirror practicing my sweet dance moves for the big dance. Have I ever heard of Vanilla Ice..... geesh, give me a little credit here girlies! Mom looked wicked in her Hammer pants sporting a fresh perm and bustin' a move to a little 80's rap. How cool was I? And so the next generation music saga continues. I'm sure my parents were just as annoyed when I was surprised that they knew some Beatles songs. Who knew parents were once cool kids too?
Here they are in all of their glory...
This was the encore... I'll be posting the final concert at the end of summer school. They are going to have "outfits and pom poms and everything!" Needless to say, they are super excited. This was the perfect class for the girlies, they love it!


10 comments:
That is SSSOOO funny!!! I feel like I just relived a little time in the basement of 650! Keep the videos coming....please! Love ya!
Wow, I needed a laugh like that! I was rolling on the ground with those videos. That makes me want to have a girl so she can make up sweet dances. Breckyn's dancing has progressed a bit since our wedding :) Miss you guys!
Wicked cool! Are you going to shave stripes in their eyebrows too? :)
Oh yeah just don't let them watch a "Where are they now" show. I think Vanilla Ice was a little traumatized after the 80's.
Well, that made me laugh. I'm glad you're getting your girls ready for their school dances now. They'll be the life of the dance party!
I am laughing out loud with that post. You did look super hot in those hammer pants & with your fresh curls. Grrrrrarrrrrhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Okay, this post requires addition commenting. It is SO funny! I think it's time for the girls to rent "Cool As Ice." Not everyone knows about this, but it's a movie starring Vanilla Ice himself. Apparently it didn't do too well in the box office...don't know why :)
Those ARE some sa-weeeeet dance moves! My girls would LOVE that class! Looks like fun... just wish you would have thrown on your hammer pants and busted a move with them ;) Do WE know Vanilla Ice?! pssshaw!
I think you should consider being a teacher's aide in that class. Those rockin' sistas have got the MOVES.
Too funny. So very cute. Did you start singing along to the music so they know how cool their parents are?
Post a Comment