Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh the rains came down and the floods came up...

It's been raining A LOT here and we're starting to get a little water logged. The water has been slowly creeping towards the house and almost all of our lawn is now sloshie. The road to our house is flooded in several places. You have to drive really slowly to get through. (The kids think it's really cool how it sprays up all around the car.)This is the view from our back yard. It's never been this close before.
The pond has started pouring into our back yard too.
It's been almost impossible to make it to Yaya's without getting wet.
This is a view of Hwy. 11 and Briggs Rd. right in front of Rustic Realm. It flooded next to the shop and it's pouring over onto the road keeping traffic pretty cautious. Tim has already pulled out our extra pumps and we have several going through out our yard to try and prevent any major damage. We've put the go-carts on a temporary freeze because of all the water. It's crazy! Check the news for the really big stories of damns breaking and towns underwater in our area.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Whoa! That's kind of scary. We saw a house breaking in half in Wisconsin on the news here. Crazy weather everywhere lately!

Renee said...

hi...you can see some of the evidence of the flooding in our town on www.barrbloggers.com my friend's son was the photojournalist who caught the house on film as it split in half... and the one before it that fell in completely.... unreal.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Yikes! It looks like you guys might have more than two pools in your yard this year!

Margene said...

Are you safe Can you dig s trench to keep the water from coming up to the house. We don't have much news from the USA here. email me and fill me in.

The Snow Queen said...

I saw the house break in half and fall into the river on the news too. I think they said it was in the Dells! That's close to you isn't it? I think you may as well move to California. It never floods here. (Okay so your house might burn down)I guess you could move to Utah. Then you would be close to The McGill ladies (minus Jodi and her flock) and closer to us. Can you believe the price of gas???? I was actually playing around with the idea of coming out there this summer with the Snow herd, but not at nearly 5.00 a gallon of gas! Whoa there MAMA! Holy cow you'd think we were pumping in liquid gold. Sheesh. Just move out here already. Bring your mom and dad too. I think they should bring yaya too. Mango too.

That was totally a MARGENE moment! Oh my Gosh! I couldn't think of the word you use for your friend, so I made one up! Ahhhhhhhh I just turned into my MOther!!! AHHHHHH that always used to bug me and now I'm doing it. What has the world come to? Sorry for the epic blog comment. I'm a little wired. Talk to you soon. Loves.

Cassie said...

That last picture is insane!!! I can't believe all the flooding! Good thing it's not to high! What would you do with no way to get to super Wal-Mart?!?! :)