Saturday, April 19, 2008

Family Fun!

We had the most fabulous family weekend ever! We took the kids out of school at lunch time on Thursday and set off on our journey. We made it to the Dells with only 362 bazillion questions of "are we there yet?" (...and that's an exact figure too) But the bonus was, they were too excited to fight in the car-- yeehoo!
Here they are all ready for some watery fun.
The girlies all ready to swim...
This one is for you Cassie... (It totally attacked him-- it's gnawing his little face off!)
This is moments after we told them it was time to go home. It wasn't pretty...
Afterwards we checked out the outlet mall. It was sweet. It even had a Disney outlet which I had never seen before. Z is trying to reenact our Disney pictures in Cali.
If you've been with us to the Dells this picture needs no explanation. We had to go back just for him to do this again. He was pretty proud of himself.
The next morning after arriving home the party continued with a much asked for "Barlow Family ride." (Only we are Taylors so it was the Taylor ride) We took the bikes and the kids to the cemetery for a really lot of laps. Then we headed to the park, back home for a quick lunch and then we started putting together this little beauty. Santa brought this for the kids way back at Christmas but we've had too much snow to put it together until now.

They thought it was pretty cool. (especially Mr. Chuckles there...)

Next, we moved on to building the summer club house. Tim put this together for the kids. We are going to add a floor and put it up on stilts to make it an official club house.
Tim has visions of trap doors, zip lines, rock walls and that's just the beginning. It was getting late so we will be finishing it next weekend. We were all pretty excited about this one. I'm picking up some paint for it on Monday. I'm thinking red and white... any suggestions?

This made me giggle...

Like father, like daughter....

5 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Great post, Lec. I have too many things to comment about. Glad you guys had a blast in the Dells. Thanks for the Rugs pic - so funny! The videos are hilarious! I love you guys! The new jungle gym rocks (along with the crotch-o pic of Rugs on it). AND the best pic is the squirrel "gnawing off" Rug's face. Cass will die! You are so stinkin' hilarious. I miss you!

Margene said...

looks like you had a fun weekend at the Dells. Then you had fun after you got home. A club house does neat a trap door and etc. I think red and white will be perfect.

catherine said...

I loved the videos of the woodpile slide. I think it was funny that there was a slide in the background but the woodpile was more appealing. Looks like a great birthday bash.

Christina said...

Wow it looks like you guys had a lot of fun this weekend. I loved the club house; every kid needs one.

Cassie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the post!!! Well, not so much of Rugs and the squirrel...now he's gonna have rabies! But the rest looks like a blast I WISH we had a great wolf around here. The backyard is lookin great! Put us down for a long visit this summer baby!!! Miss you!