Monday, March 02, 2009

Bacon Time!

Emerson will only eat cereal and a small list of other things. He is always asking me if I made "barf chicken" for dinner again. (That's how much he likes my cooking!) Quite recently he has added something to his list of "edibles." BACON!

This is his new favorite food. He calls it a bacon sandwich. It's just toast with bacon on it. He is officially Tim's offspring.
This is how he eats it, all bacon and a little bread. (He's worked into eating a little more bread but definitely not the crust-- that's just crazy talk.)The weird thing is, this is the only kind of meat this kid will eat. Move over cereal-- here comes the bacon!

5 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Looks like you can probably skip the toast part and go straight bacon. Just don't let him try bacon cereal. That doesn't sound like a good idea.

Julie said...

Have you tried the Oscar Meyer pre-cooked Bacon? I love it. Just zap it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and you're good to go. I'll never buy the other stuff again.

Christina said...

Reminds me of Ben. I think if I let him, he would only eat Bacon too.

Cassie said...

He is SO Timmy's kid! I don't know anyone else who has quite the love for bacon that Timmy does...maybe Em will give him a run for his money!

The Snow Queen said...

Uh, he must be related to his FATHER who didn't try a taco until he was well into his teenage years. My mother will tell the story for the 9838394539874 time if you ask her. She says she didn't cook "FOR" him but she SO did. He was(is) totally her favorite. The only one to produce redheaded spawn... humphfff. Gotta go, I think I'll make an appointment with my therapist for later on today. I'm not bitter or anything. whoda known that bacon could spark such a response?

The microwave-able kind is great for somethings, but it doesn't leave the 1/2 inch of grease to fry your egg in.