Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's been a while-- I know. So I'll give you the quick run down...

1. Zoey left her entire ipod (headphones and all) in her pocket and it took a ride through the wash. It's toast...
2. Tim's been traveling... a lot.
3. I have figured out the secret to cheat yourself the perfect Thanksgiving turkey (it involves a crock pot).
4. Emerson has mastered the art of throwing a ginormous yelly fit. (it's really pretty)
5. I think I'm done with a very modest Christmas list and I will succeed in making it a modest Christmas if I can convince myself to stop shopping. (But, have you seen the sales people-- I can hardly contain myself!)
6. Is is wrong to just give your children just Legos for Christmas? Are we required to give in variety?
7. My Christmas cards are here and ready for delivery but they aren't going to address themselves-- ugh!
8. I have found the "perfect fit "(and seriously they are) jeans at Lane Bryant. My bootie is so happy (and comfortable).
9. Chocolate cake solves almost all of life's problems and I have the perfect frosting recipe that might even bring us world peace.
10. I just got a totally awesome new phone called the "quick fire." It rocks and I am officially a smokin' cool texter. (It was one of my goals for 2009 to become a texter and I'm totally an over achiever and took care of it early.) Try it-- text me! I love getting and giving texts. It's my new addiction!
Finally, I thought I'd include some of my favorite art for you.

This was Em on a good day. Cereal and eggnog... it doesn't get any better for him. (After this moment of bliss he threw a fit over nap time...)
Zoey's pretty butterfly.
Emerson's little guy. He's getting pretty good at writing his name.
Rugby has been practicing writing whole sentences. His stuff cracks me up.
This is one of three million turkeys that we have hanging up. I think every teacher loves a good piece of turkey art.
This is one of Rugby's writing webs. He gets to make sentences using the special words of the day.
When Rugs gets home he likes to draw a lot. This is one of his drawings of me. He even revealed my age along with my sweet eye for smooth dressing. He gets every last detail with uncanning accuracy. If you haven't seen me lately my head has swelled up to the size of our house and my body has shrunk to the size of a crayon. I have also received plastic surgery on my nose because blue triangles are all the rage now.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Stinks about the ipod. Good job with the turkey. Fantastic news about the jeans--perhaps I'll go shopping there too. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

iammommahearmeroar said...

You are SO funny, Lec. I think you should give up the perfect fitting jeans for an orange moo-moo like Rugby has drawn you in. I love the kids' art. Fabulous list. I think your chocolate frosting could help the world find peace. Can you mail my Christmas card now? I'd really like to see it! I'll even give you my new address. I say give the people what they want. If that means just leggos, call it good. Have a funeral for the ipod. Video Emerson's fits please :) Love you and your blog. I was going through withdrawals.

Cassie said...

I LOVE Rugs art work!!! He is SO cute! I can't wait any longer for Christmas!!!! Oh and the jeans look great! I wonder who would be cool enough to give you the heads up on them!?!? She must be really cool and hip!!! ;)

Margene said...

I love your list. I think I have heard some of those things before from others. I always loved turkey art. No special interested group ever complain about the turkey, but may the animal rights group will not.

Karen said...

I'm still laughing from your post. And, in the interests of world peace, I think you should share your frosting recipe.

jae said...

Can I just say you wear a blue triangle nose better than anyone. Most important is the smile that goes with the new look. The smile helps you pull off the "crayon body and house-sized head."

The Snow Queen said...

I really have an orange moo moo would you like to borrow it? I love Lane she's my new best freind. I could also use a head inflation and body shrinkage. You know I have the worlds smallest head.

Beth said...

WORLD PEACE! WORLD PEACE! WORLD PEACE! I'm listening...

And, your crayon size body is totally rockin'.. I think he drew you in your perfect jeans. I think I'll skip the blue nose.. can you IMAGINE a nose of my size in BLUE? eeeeeesh....