Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I did it!!!!!

Well, I did it again. I tend to get myself over involved in quite a few things. Example... I offer to help the boy's preschool teacher with the Christmas program.... a few minutes later I'm in charge, I have dead lines, and can I provide the costumes? Yes, I completely do this to myself. I have a habit of saying yes to anything. So when I stopped in to see if the music teacher at the girls school needed any last minute help (which means they usually have everything covered and I still get the credit for offering) I said yes to perhaps the most idiotic thing I've ever volunteered for. She asked me to sew (no I don't really sew) 20 pairs (that's 40 gloves people-- 40!!!)of fingerless gloves with red stripes. I said yes-- the words actually came out of my mouth as I'm calling myself an idiot in my head!!! I tried to take the easy way out by calling manufacturers and searching on line. Who knew that no one actually makes whore gloves with red stripes! All I can say is whatever they are doing with them had better be good because this has taken me much much time to muster together. So I ended up going to Target and buying knit mittens and cutting the tops off of them, sewing on red ribbon, and then gluing down the middles (because I couldn't figure out a way to sew the middles). AHHHHHHH! I think I know who Rugby gets his "learn the lesson the hard way" from.... it's me...

Here they are and I even sewed an extra pair just in case. She needed a few girl ones with lace so I sewed that too.
Every time I tried these on to make sure they were working I was thinking, "what the heck is she going to do with these?" It better be amazing...

9 comments:

Cassie said...

WHAT??? Doesn't Mrs. Bice still have ALL the things she suckered mom into making while we were in her music classes? You need to learn the word..."NO!" I'm pretty sure if you don't know what that word sounds like that Cam can help you learn it REALLY well when we come for Christmas! Gotta love ya lec! :)

Anonymous said...

Good idea and a project made easy too. you are a winner

Beth said...

Those are HOT. I think you should start wearing that extra pair just for a fashion statement :)

Anonymous said...

Umm, people will still like you if you don't do things for them! Take a break, will ya! But good work!

Anonymous said...

I am giggling right now-- can't you hear me?! You are a crazy woman Aleca-- crazy!!! I am holding you personally responsible for horroing up the Christmas program this year!

Anonymous said...

whoring is mispelled-- so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Just say NO; Lec. It is going into December for goodness sake! I too had to crack up. Timmy might think those gloves are sexy! You did a good job for "not knowing how to sew". You couldn't sucker Allie into sewing a few for you? You are AMAZING with all you do! Sure love ya! Hug the gang and Jo's gang too! Get the Mom and Dad too!

Kassy said...

I can't wait to see the whore gloves because the McMillans are coming to the show! I'm taking the boys out of school. The West Side music extravaganza cannot be missed. Especially with the props this year. Unbelieveable.

moranews said...

The things you do for your kids...good job on some sexy lookin gloves! :) What are they going to make you do next? Crotchless underoos? Just kidding...