I know it's been a little while since I've blogged-- sorry. I've been a little overwhelmed with my current position. (you know, mom, first lady, vice president of the home office, ... whatever you like to call it...) I got a chance to watch general conference this weekend. (for those of you who aren't familiar with this, it's a conference put on by our church twice a year to help us become better people. We have several speakers over the course of the weekend, including our prophet, to help motivate us to more closely align our lives with Christ.) Anyway, a few of the talks got me thinking about my current position. I want to do better. I was hoping that's where you all would come in.... I want to know what you do to make your kids feel loved. I want to know some good ideas for family nights, date nights, and other things that you do to help your kids feel special. Do you ever feel like you are just making it through the day checking off the list but not really connecting with your kids? I want more of the good stuff and less of the fluff stuff. Tell me about your good stuff... no getting embarrassed. I just want your best ideas...
14 years ago


7 comments:
Something simple that you probably already do w/o realizing it - be happy to see them every time they enter a room so they know their presence is important. Easy to do and makes a great impact.
I once had a visiting teacher who was very wise. She said to take my kids to the park or play with them or etc rather than clean my house. That is what I want them to remeber us doing together rather than clean house. The dirt won't go any place and you can clean it after they leave but I only have a few years with me. So that is what I tried ask Tim if it worked. We all are doing our best.
Leca,
I started a blog for my family and wanted to leave the address, but let me say that if those happy faces on your blog are any indication of the kind of Mom you are (and I'm sure they are) then you are doing great. The only thing I know of that makes kids really, truly happy is being loved and your kids absolutely seem like they are loved. You can see it on their sweet little faces. So keep at it. You're doing great.
My blog address is eagarfamily.blogspot.com
It's a great time to start THE FAMILY NIGHT PHANTOM. I posted this anonymously because I don't want anyone to figure out who left the comment. Then they might know who the FAMILY NIGHT PHANTOM really is.
I also think it is time for the family night phantom!!! BOOOAAHHh! But again like my predecessor I must sign it without my screen name. Although I was always the hider not the runner.
Lec-
There's not much more you can do your super mommy!!! The rest of us are just trying to get even a little close to where you already are with your kids! Love ya! Give them an extra SQUEEZE for me!
I second the fact that you're doing fantastic already. The one thing I always loved as a kid was the one on one time. When we had daddy daughter dates or when mom would bust us out of school and spend the afternoon with us. That kind of stuff was my favorite. One on one is super easy for me to give Rex since he's my only one, but it's a little trickier for you with four.
Anyhow, you rock and I love you so much.
Post a Comment