It's dinner time and I'm standing in the kitchen trying to decide between tacos or spaghetti...again. I'm thinking about how frustrating my day was today and Tim walks in. I started off loading all of the things on my mind and wondering out loud, "How do I get myself into these things?" (which we all know the answer to but prefer to pretend that we don't) Tim, who is in a cut and dry mood, says, "It's because you can't say two letters.... N...O....." I can't say "no" and I am well aware of this fact and do not need reminding...... Every time my brain says NO my mouth says YES!!! IDIOT!!! "Can you watch my 500 kids in addition to your 4 million?"......ah, (say no say no) Yeah, sure, that's no big deal.... (idiot!!!) "Can you be in charge of a really big out of control activity for the stake?" ahhh.... (say no-- say no!!) Sure, I'd be glad to help you out!! "Can you please drop what you are doing and help me all day long aimlessly?" (people don't actually say that one but that's what really happens) ahhhh... (say no-- say anything but yes) Yes, and I'll bring the refreshments. (ugh!!!!! I live to torcher myself!!)
Needless to say my plate is full and there is a reason why I married Tim. He was sent here to tell me things I already know and make me feel better about it. I know I can't say "no" but, I'm working on it... the really painful slow way that makes me want to gouge my eyes out and tattoo the word NO on my forehead.
So after all of this soul searching I did what any desperate woman would do.... I made myself a pan of brownies, got a big old glass of milk, and started myself a nice hot bath..... I think I'll work on my issues tomorrow...
14 years ago


5 comments:
Hey, Aleca.. Can you take my kids for a month so I can have a little break? Cool, thanks. :)
you are such a punk!! but, super funny-- so i take it!
Saying no is always hard - especially when you have a heart the size of yours, Lec.
I miss you!
Wow, I have the same problem but you do get better as you get older. I use the same thing to make me feel better too.... chocolate!
I couldn't find the picture of you in the tub with the brownies. If you were really a true blogger, that would have been posted! :))))
Loves Melissa
Post a Comment