One of my goals this year when the kids went to school was to learn how to use my camera to its fullest potential. I have never taken a photography class but I do appreciate a good picture. When Tim bought me this camera I promised to take lots of pictures and never visit a photography studio with the kids again. So far I've done both. I really love my camera but I mostly just keep it in "auto" mode because there are so many buttons and I don't want to mess it up. When the kids left for school I started checking around for some photography classes that I could take. One of the camera places told me that I could pay for a class or just buy an instructional DVD and that would help a lot more than a class. So I went on line to amazon and started searching for a Cannon D40 DVD that would help me get better acquainted with my camera. I know that most of you bloggers have the same camera I do and are just as clueless or slightly less clueless than I am. I'm here to bring you relief my friends...

As I said, I got these DVDs online for a few bucks on amazon. I sat down and watched this first one today and it unlocked a slew of secrets that I never new I could do. I watched some parts several times and then set out to take some sweet pictures. I HIGHLY recommend this DVD to everyone who has this camera. It was awesome! If you enjoy this and want to learn more they have other DVDs that increase in intensity and you can build on your skills. I'm starting the next one tomorrow! I can't wait!


6 comments:
I'm getting "Dave" the DVD's for his birthday in November. Is that a bad present? I guess it is kinda like buying mom a basketball for mothers day huh? oh well.
What do you mean you can already take neat pictures. I think I will just keep taking pictures with my old camera. it does take good pictures just the person who is taking them isn't so hot.
I just went through the bag I got when I bought my camera and realized I got it free back then. I got so excited about taking classes that I didn't watch the video. I'll watch it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
Here's my question... how does watching a Nikon DVD help with your Canon D40? ;) I just got Kate a D80 for school... she starts the first semester on October 5th.
Oops! My bad! I ment a Nikon D40. I always get them mixed up. Duh!
You crack me up! I love the new background to the blog. So cute!
Post a Comment