Wednesday, September 09, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school for the kids. They were very excited to bust out the new pencils and backpacks and get to work.

Here's the crew moments before the big day started.

This is a little closer to the truth of the moment...
Breckyn started the 4th grade. If you notice she and Caleb are in the same class. They were both excited about that and not too excited about their teacher. After the first day they both admitted that their teacher wasn't as bad as they thought she would be. Both of our cool 4th graders would not permit the parents to walk them to class. I snuck this picture after the bell rang just for documentation purposes.
Z was super excited to get back to school. She has lots of friends in her class and she even has Breckyn's teacher from last year. She is our big third grader. She was not too cool for a class fly by. So she got both parents taking her in a getting her settled.
This is Rugs at his own new locker. He was super pumped that he didn't have to share with anyone this year. He was more than ready to get back to some reading and writing and of course gym.
This is my baby. He had his first full day of kindergarten. He was so ready to be a big kid. He informed me that he didn't need me to walk him to class either. He also told me, "I hope you know you can't stay all day Mom! You need to go!" I was so not needed there. So I swept up the pieces of my broken heart and walked out of the school kid free. I was a little sentimental about it but then Tim offered to take me to breakfast and my spirits perked up. I think I could get use to this life...

8 comments:

Renee said...

That is a special day.. but an emotional one, too.... hugs to you Leca.. :)

Margene said...

They are all in school now. Just you and Rusty at home, to spoil. You should go out to breakfast with Tim at least once a week. Z told me she was going ato wear something pink I guess maybe I am color blind too.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Sad! They are all so big! Well, now you can play all day. Write a book, mow the lawn, watch MTV (did I say that?) and live it up. I would also spend a lot more time at Fiddlesticks. Yum! I hope that's where you guys went. Miss you Lec!

Cassie said...

I can't believe that they are all so old! I think I would have been in tears leaving West Side...miss you guys

The Snow Queen said...

You're livin' the dream sista!

Kassy said...

So did you cry and look over the top of the windows like we did with Kaleb and Breckyn? Wow. Your baby's in kindy. "So NOW what are you going to do?" I hated that question! Knowing you, you'll be in EVERY class, EVERY week. Good work, Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Ouch - I remember leaving Bryce almost 3 years back - I didn't like it for 2 days - cried when I drove off and then..it got better. I got a lot done in the day. I am sure you will find plenty to fill your days! Take Care. You know you are young enough to have more.....just kidding.

Julie said...

I love sentiments from the first day of kindergarten. Em is soooo funny! I'm Timmy took you out to breakfast to celebrate being kid-free. Sounds fun! What are you doing in your "spare" time?