Sunday, September 20, 2009

House makeover...

I know I've been a slacker in the blogging department lately, but for good reason. I've been working on putting our house back together. As you all know we had some flooring issues in the kitchen but it didn't stop there. We've had problems with the boys squirreling around at bed time for a while now. Well I'd had enough so I started switching the kids around for a more appealing arrangement. Of course this required a little redecorating (twist my arm).

I found this bedding on Target.com and knew it was totally Rugs. He loves it! I put him in Breckyn's old room and painted over the pink and green. He loves it because he gets a bigger bed and I love it because he falls asleep in 2 seconds all by himself. I've still got a little tweaking to do with the walls. I'm thinking of painting something funky and I've still got a few pictures to hang. I'll post again when it's all said and done.
I found this 80's pillow at Target on clearance to match the room. He wasn't into reading his take home book at night and I saw this gem and had an idea. I told him it was his special reading pillow and now he can't wait to read. Genius!
Em stuck with the wave room (notice his bed making skills are stellar). I moved the white bed into this room and turned the way the bed faced. That small decision has him falling asleep in two seconds also.
He is excited because his bed has a trundle and he thinks he can have sleep overs all the time now.
I found this bedding on clearance at Pottery Barn Teen. I wanted something that would already match the wall colors so I wouldn't have to paint two rooms. I also wanted something that would be both B and Z's personalities. I hit the jackpot! I used all of the old stuff from both rooms and combined them into one room. I got the curtains at Pottery Barn kids for 75% off! It came together seamlessly. It's a little busier than I would like it to be but neither one of the girlies wanted to let any of their stuff go so it all got crammed into one space.
Here's a peek at how the floor turned out. If you remember we had carpeting and wood and now it's all wood. I like it so much, I'm not sure why we had it the other way.
It has really opened up our front area. It makes all of my furniture and rugs pop with the dark coloring. It shows dirt more than the last floor did but I love the color so much I almost don't care about the crumbs.
With all of these new changes behind me I'm ready to start enjoying our latest adventure in life. The kids are off to school and things are really fun around here with my best friend just a room away. We've gotten a chance to do a lot of "day dates." Over his lunch hour we sneak out for a quick bite to eat or a run to home depot. It's awesome! If you are curious to see our newest changes in person just come on by. I'm always willing to give tours.

5 comments:

Breck said...

It looks like you have really been busy. I think it all looks great especially the girl's room. Now if you can just get them to stop talking and go to sleep you will have it made! Hugs for all! I know that there will be another make over in store by the time I get home!!!!
Love,
MOM

Christina said...

The floors look great! I'm also loving the makeover of all the rooms, what a huge task. I can't wait to see how Rugby's room turns out.

iammommahearmeroar said...

LOVE the rockstar room. Nice work. I like your sound waves idea for the walls. Way to score on pottery barn stuff. I also LOVE the floors. I'm jealous. I wish ours were that color. It's beautiful. I love your house.

Margene said...

I love your floors. I like the make overs of the bed rooms. I like the girl's room just a little of both of them in it. Good job

The Snow Queen said...

Fabulous! I love the floors. I love the rooms too. When we got home from your house we switched up the rooms too. That's a great post.