Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Pinewood Derby Extravaganza...

The pinewood derby was FINALLY today. I have been authorized to reveal to you the world's fastest pine car...

There was some intense testing in the first stages of this car. Tim has submerged the engine in water (running) to break it in. (Personally that didn't look too smart to me-- but hey, the dork at the hobby shop promised him it'd work.)

For all of you technical buffs.... here is his secret weapon!

He made a padded case to carry all of the cars in.

From left to right, Zoey, Em, Rugs, Me, Breckyn, and Timmy.

If you notice, mine has been personalized with my picture. Tim wanted to enter another car but didn't want to hog all the prizes so he entered it in my name. (hence the picture, so there would be no question of ownership)

I found some derby patches and sewed them on a shirt for the big man. They say, "pinewood derby" and "pinewood derby pit crew." He was totally stoked about it.

Tim at the judges table keeping score.

Here are some of the open class cars that were trying to compete with Tim.

Tim had so much fun with the cars and the track. I think it showed-- a little.

These guys were on the edge of their seats the whole time. They had a blast-- especially when it was their turn to race.
Rugs and his secret weapon.
Breckyn and her little beauty.
Some of the gang (OK, a lot of the gang) won awards. It was a day to remember.

Tim's car kicked butt!

4 comments:

Alice said...

That was a great post! hooray! for Timmy and the family derby winners! I wanted to see the one where Tim was going to run it backwards when he was done. The kids look so excited about the whole deal. What is next in the Taylor world?

iammommahearmeroar said...

I've been waiting for this post. Nice work Team Taylor! I think my favorite part is the foam case with a car for each family member in it. I guess you have to be very "top secret" when you have a car that moves that fast. Sounds like it was a great night. Congrats, Tim!

Cassie said...

Loved the video! Way to go Taylor fam! I have to agree with Cheri the case was pretty funny...I mean inventive! Where's the picture of his trophy??? Rugs is especially looking old in that picture....that means I need to come home soon!

The Snow Queen said...

TRUE TAYLOR STYLE! That makes me so proud! You totally skunked that other dweeb... he, like, didn't even stand a chance! Never underestimate the power of competition!