Tim is the best daddy in the whole world. Every couple of Saturdays he piles the kids in the car (I'm still sleeping of course, which he lets me do every Saturday) and takes them to the bakery for doughnuts. They are always in their pajamas and looking a little unorganized-- but they always have a blast. I think this picture sums up how they all feel.... THANK YOU DADDY!
I figure as long as I'm gushing why not through in a few extra stories. Every Thursday night is girls night out at the Taylor house-- that means that I go out with my mom and sisters for the evening and he mans the kids. (dinner, activity, baths, and bed) It rocks for me and has given him some serious daddy skills. Anyway, he says to me just before I leave, "Can you download a song for me on your ipod?" I'm a little skeptical because he has had no interest in my ipod up until now. So I venture a little further into his motive only to find that he wants the song "Weird Science" no, you didn't read it wrong-- WEIRD SCIENCE. The freaky Oingo Boingo song from the 80's-- freaky then and still freaky now. I'm thinking-- what? So he goes on to explain that he feels he could make more out of his Thursday nights with the kids by turning it into science night... and you can't have a science night without a theme song-- duh! I'm starting to think I might not have a house to come home to-- they could be experimenting with anything with Tim as the teacher. "Hmmm, this week we are going to talk about firecracker safety-- or maybe we'll start something on fire" I'm not sure how this is going to work-- but I do know that he has asked me to purchase safety glasses for all of our children-- that's not a good sign. I told him to keep it to bird houses and clay bowls-- but that doesn't sound super sciencey. He has also told all of the kids that he is a real scientist (he graduated with a biology major). But, the next day, after the first sucessful "science night," the kids are now asking for the new super cool "Daddy song." Next week.... volcanoes-- I'm sure I'll have pictures to share.
14 years ago


5 comments:
That story is hilarious and very Tim. I would definitely like a picture of all of the kids in safety goggles. You guys and your theme nights...pizza night, nasty night (you might have to explain that to the other people who read your blog now - sorry), and now science night. What an adventurous family.
Oh Timmy...only he would think of a science night. At least all the kids still have all their fingers and toes!
P.S. If science night is going to continue maybe we should stay closer to home for girls night out then we can respond fast when the ambulance comes!
I'm sorry..I'm just not familiar with the girls night out idea.. What exactly does that mean.. GIRLS.. NO KIDS?.. FUN/FOOD/SHOPPING?! PLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE SIGN ME UP!!!!!!
Maybe you should have Tim tell you about the summer I hired him to kill the gophers in the back lawn. What did he use a hose, a gallon of gas and matches. It was exciting I don't think we ever found a dead gopher. Tim's mom
Post a Comment