This was the kid's first full official year in Utah. So we weren't super familiar with all the programs and school events. When we got a note sent home for Breckyn to attend a PTA luncheon with a parent, we didn't think much of it.
When we got there we realized that she was selected as the kid of the year for Traverse Mountain Elementary. We were shocked and excited! They honored her with lunch, a plaque and some treats. We put in an emergency call to Dad at home to come join us in her big celebration.
Here we are all proud of our little kiddo!
When she realized she got the award her first response was, "I wouldn't have picked me." Then after the shock wore off she told me, "Now I have an award for my wall just like Dad has for his wall." After further investigation I realized she was referring to his college diploma. "You know, that little piece of paper Dad likes to keep hanging in his office... I'm just like him now." Yep....almost...
Rugby got a magic set from Aunt Jodi for his birthday. He has been all about it. We get shows daily from the Amazing Rugby! It's awesome.
Rugs turned 9... oh, that one hurt a little... he's too old!
We went to Trafalga and climbed the walls...
Everyone thought it was pretty cool...


1 comments:
I love your up date. So that was the award that was in her room. That I read and told her I was proud of her to get it.
Post a Comment