Friday, October 30, 2009

Monsters Beware!

It turns out we have a bit of a monster problem at our house. Emerson is afraid of monsters and it was beginning to be an issue. He won't go to the bathroom or go upstairs by himself. So I found a solution...

Monster repellent! I picked up a few spray bottles from the travel section at Target and found a cute monster picture on line and bam-- we've got monster spray. I had him help me make the magic concoction. Monsters are allergic to lemon juice and water-- so it was easy to make.
We made two sizes (a travel size just in case). The spray lasts all day long so you only need to do it once (twice if it's a really bad day). The interesting part was watching him spray the house to see where he thinks the monsters are.
This little bottle is his liquid confidence. I'm hoping for miracles here-- so far so good. Monsters watch out! There is a new sheriff in town!

4 comments:

Margene said...

i love your antimonster spray. what moms don't do. I don't even think it is lying. i remember doing some of the same things when the kids were young. keep up the good work

Cassie said...

That is SO cute! I think we might be making some of that for our house too!

iammommahearmeroar said...

That might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen. You could sell that. LOVE that sweet picture of Em holding the spray. I love you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I still say that you need to write a book. That is an awesome idea especially when you no longer have to get up all night to a worried kid. He looks so proud of your find. What a couple of dolls you are! I sure miss you.
Love,
MOM