Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Timmy's surgery...

Yesterday Timmy had knee surgery. It went really well. He had his knee cleaned up and his ACL replaced. He was a little nervous about it-- but he did really well.

Here we are before his brush with death... hee hee...
He is all ready to go (thanks to the Barlows for stocking him up with the "essentials")...
I think this picture says it all!! We had a little too much fun waiting for the doctor... you know, a camera, a curtain, no kids, and a little too much time on our hands. We thought we were pretty stinkin' funny.
Here's the big boy after his surgery (still a little loopy on drugs). Doesn't it make you want to bring him some ice water with one of those bendy straws and maybe a little paper umbrella just to cheer him up...?
He is doing quite well and is accepting gifts that are edible or fit into his DVD player. (since that's about all he can do right now) He can't move around a whole lot because he is in a brace and they have him hooked up to an ice machine that circulates cold water around his wound. He also has machine (that is on a fanny pack-- yes, I found that particularly amusing) (we are totally going to save it for our trip to 6 flags next summer-- yeehoo!!) that feeds him some numbing medicine. He is basically strapped to the bed and I have to unhook him from all of that for him to go potty or whatever. Between him and the kids, I've got my hands full. I admit we did have an incident just this morning and I couldn't get to him on time-- he had to use the bucket I provided for such emergencies. (it wasn't pretty) But we're doing fine this afternoon. Thanks for all the support (and babysitting-- Mom and Jo). He'll be back up on his feet in no time.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby!!! Get better soon Timmy! We love you!

Anonymous said...

I am glad things went okay. We love you. Let the kids help you do things. Take it easy for a few days and then you can swim the pond again. Get well

LittleRadcliffes said...

I sure hope you recover soon! (for Aleca's sake) Okay, for your sake too!

Kassy said...

And exactly what are "The Barlow Essentials" ?
So THIS is why the pond swim happened!! It's all becomming oh-so-clear.

Get well,Mr. Tim Taylor!

Cassie said...

We hope you feel better Timmy! Call me when you are ready for a pizza and I'll be glad to call it in for you! Love ya!

Cassie said...

P.S. I forgot to mention that picture of you and Timmy is REALLY cute!!! Not so much of the one of Timmy in the room waiting for the doctor...

Anonymous said...

I had the same thought Kassy did.... NOW we know the immediacy of the pond swim.. one brush with death precedes another? It's cats that have nine lives, Tim!

iammommahearmeroar said...

That picture of you and Tim is super cute. (Hmmm...it must have been taken by someone with serious skills :)

We are so glad everything went well for Tim! That's great news.

Anonymous said...

Hope he's doing better. Surgery's no fun. Hopefully he'll be a new man!

Beth said...

I see London, I see France.. I see Timmy's underpants! (And, personally, I never thought I would..)

VERY cute picture of you two :)

The Snow Queen said...

Did they use a cadaver ACL? That would be cool. Maybe you could go on Oprah to find the donors family so they know that at least some part of their loved one still lives on in your knee. Oh by the way Catherine's brother in law Shawn is a talent scout for modeling agencies. I'm sure he would love to see some "head shots" with you in the green t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

tim, hang in there! at least you have an "emergency bottle"...let's just say things were a little messier after my knee surgery! was that too much info? leca, margaret said babysitting went very well, and she had a great time with the kids. and now you can't yell at me for not reading your blog! :)