Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ode To Zoey

Zoey is in the 5th grade.  She amazes me with her knowledge.  She likes to act like she is ordinary but all of her work and test indicate that she is anything but.  Zoey enjoys diving into books and picking them apart, like her father.  She gets so involved in a story and dedicated to the characters, that that's about all she can talk about for a few days.  I love to hear her insight on a book that I've already read.  She sees things that I miss and remembers every tiny detail.

Zoey has a way of making everyone feel loved.  She invites people in with her smile and laughs easily.  She is constantly the source of laughter in our home.  She knows how to get all of her siblings barrel laughing.  She is a music hound.  She has a talent for remembering details.  She can tell you the name of a song, the album, the artist and the words.  She is very specific with her requests when she gets into the car.  It makes me smile.

Z has surprised me with her independence and self motivation.  She has the cleanest room in the house, by far.  I never have to remind her to make her bed or clean up-- it's already done.  She knows what she likes and she goes after it.  She has always been one to proclaim her love from a very small age.  She has always loved the color pink and anything sparkly.  When she was two, she had a mad love for Elmo.  Then when she was 5 she was enthralled with Dr. Seuss.  She loves life and isn't afraid to tell the world.  She wears her opinions proudly.

Zoey is a chit chatter.  In fact, it's hard to get her to have a moment of quiet.  She has oodles of friends.  People are drawn to her and her big rosy cheeks.  When I see her it's evident that she has lived up to her name.  It means "life" and she is full of life. 

This little girl came into the world loud and hasn't stopped since.  She is on the fringes of getting older.  Soon she will follow her big sister's footsteps.  She is already starting to babysit and take on more responsibilities.  I know it's not going to stop there.  I'm excited to see what the future holds for my Zoey, or rather, what Zoey holds for the future.  She is amazing and I love her to death.  She has sped through childhood always on the coat tails of her sister.  They are my little twins, always into everything together.  That's what I hoped for, having them so close together.  It's nice to have a friend to go through life together.  It's the best gift I could think of to give them.  Good luck girlies.  I sure do love you.

0 comments: