Sunday, August 23, 2009

Workin' together...

On Friday we started ripping out the kitchen floor. All the kids pitched in to help.
Three cute little butts working hard and having fun.
You can see the water marks in this picture. The dishwasher is right around the corner and exploded all over. We had to remove the appliances and take everything out of the closets. I'm pretty sure this is going to drive Dad insane that he is not here and in on all the demo. (Wish you were here Dad!) The floor came up pretty easily once we got it started. The kids thought destroying it was super cool.
We had a dumpster out front and they went to work taking everything up and out. I was amazed at how quickly it went with lots of help.
This is how the two rooms joined before. Goodbye carpet and laminate and hello wood. Yep, that's right, we ordered wood. Thanks for the votes. Now everyone needs to stop by and see the finished product. Installation to be started next weekend when all the orders are delivered.

10 comments:

Margene said...

That is a good reason to come and see you this fall.

Margene said...

Did you ever hear about the child labor law.
Or you doing the same thing you did growing up. I guess it never hurt you for working on projects growing up either.

Renee said...

Way to go, team! Nice to have all of those helpers around! I hope installation goes smoothly.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Wait - I didn't get to vote. Well, I was going to vote for the wood also, BUT with a tile inlay by the door like at Cassie's. That way you can still get to use that fun tile somewhere. Ehh?

Cassie said...

Those are some of the cutiest workers I've seen in a while. I am sure I could come up with a project or two if they could come this way....miss you guys

Julie said...

What great helpers you have! Good job Taylors.

Beth said...

LOVE the wood you picked! It is going to look awesome.

Renee said...

I am pretty sure my parents (my dad, in particular) needs some helpers for their kitchen floor... Oh, I would do it... but I think he would have much more fun watching the troops .. maybe he would forget why he didn't think it needed to be done in the first place. :)

The Snow Queen said...

Hope it all goes well and you're not torn up for a long time. I guess that's a good reason not to cook, eh- no kitchen. Hurray!

Kassy said...

Bummer about the floor. You guys love projects though, right??