Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tim and I bought this little gem when we were out on a hot date. I figured the kids would love "boating" on the pond this summer. It isn't exactly as "two person friendly" as the package said but whatever. Our first voyage was memorable and a bit wet. I jumped into it and hurled myself out of it. So, clearly, I need to work on my precision and technique.

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Good thing you didn't shower...what about poor Em that was getting splashed with NASTY pond water every time you rowed!!! Count me OUT on that new Taylor Land addition! I will stick with the pools and ATV's!

Cassie said...

Next post I want to see you and Timmy in your love boat for two!

iammommahearmeroar said...

Good call Cass! I'd love to see you two in the love boat. It can be like the Crystal River run, but nastier. You know one of your boys is going all the way that pond. Eeeww!

Kassy said...

Sa-weet ride! Have you considered offering pond tours by boat?

Margene said...

It looked like you had to do all the work, Em needs a little more practic i think. Good exerise, if you take everyone for a ride every day.

catherine said...

what you should do is pull the boat behind one of the atvs when your riding along side the pond...then nobody has to row!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious Lec! You think of everything. I personally like the idea of the ATV's pulling the boat. I would give you your rowing merit badge. Cassie the outdoorsy girl would notice the pond scum water going on Em with every stroke. Do post the love boat picture; okay? Or movies of your in and out of boat technique. Love YA!

The Snow Queen said...

Phoenix: "AWWW MAN, they have a Lake Powell too?"

Melissa: I don't ROWING is the kind of merit badge Tim had in mind. I want to see both of you in that TWO man boat. We expect the post within a reasonable amount of time. Do you get frogs in the pond? Could you have it stocked and then fish in it?

Nancy Zundel said...

Hey Leca
I tried to email you and it bounced back, send me an email so I can get your address. I had something to tell you but didnt want to post it here.
Nancy