I wish this was another post about the kids... but it's not. I had a miserable week starting on Wednesday. I felt a cold coming on so I did exactly what my Mom taught me to do and started taking airborne like it was candy... it didn't work. I woke up Thursday and my throat was on fire-- I mean really on FIRE!!!! I did what any mature mother would do-- I denied that I had anything too bad (although suspecting the worst) and went on with my day-- adding in a super power nap that Tim helped me take. He kept the kids at bay and then, being the supportive husband that he is, he helped me escape for girls night. (I know you are thinking-- how dumb am I-- but for good reason.... it was my last official night left to shop for Zoey and Rugby's birthday)(my babies come first). On Friday, I woke up feeling like someone had just done the cha cha on my throat. After much whining and one soup-run later (you know, if you are sick you have to have soup-- it's like the rules)-- Tim had enough and took me to the doctor... and indeed, I HAVE STREP THROAT!!!! I feel like the disgusting swamp creature from the black lagoon. Germs are oooozing out every pore... for a germ freak like myself, this is the worst possible thing that could happen to me. Did I not wash my hands well enough? Did I get too close to the slimy kids at school? Did I do the unthinkable and touch my face after touching a shopping cart? No matter how this plays out-- it doesn't really matter-- but keeping my germs contained-- totally does. I'm contagious-- contagious!!! Doesn't that sound disgusting? You are lucky this is a blog-- and not the real thing or you could be next...... eeeewww!!! ...I know, clearly I have issues.... but at least it makes for interesting stories!
14 years ago


3 comments:
You are hilarious, Lec! Yeah, you must have brushed your hand against your face after touching the shopping cart. You really need to be more careful :)
I'm pretty sure that no one could make strep throat sound funnier. The cha-cha in your throat? That one made me giggle.
Clearly, I need to do something to make my life and my blog sound as exciting and funny as yours.
Poor thing! I heard from Maddie today that you were really sick and I will have to call tomorrow to check up on you. I hope that you are eating lots of icecream and soup for your throat. Oh and as for missing a girls night out I am totally with you...unless I am dead I am not missing a girls night out! Take care and enjoy no Young Womens tomorrow!
I'm so sorry. Hope you are feeling better soon! I'm with Cassie... soup and ice cream. Ice Cream works for everything.
Post a Comment